In September 2001, Richard Wiseman and The British Association for the Advancement of Science embarked on one of the world’s largest, and most unusual, scientific experiments. The project aimed to find the world’s funniest joke and answer important questions about the psychology of humour. The project was reported across the globe, resulting in them receiving over 40,000 jokes and 1.5 million ratings.
This was their winning joke:officially the “funniest joke in the world” at that time.
“*Two hunters are out in the woods when one of them collapses. He doesn’t seem to be breathing and his eyes are glazed. The other guy whips out his phone and calls the emergency services. He gasps, “My friend is dead! What can I do?”. The operator says “Calm down. I can help. First, let’s make sure he’s dead.” There is a silence, then a shot is heard. Back on the phone, the guy says “OK, now what? *”
“* Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson were going camping. They pitched their tent under the stars and went to sleep. Sometime in the middle of the night Holmes woke Watson up and said: “Watson, look up at the stars, and tell me what you see.”
Watson replied: “I see millions and millions of stars.”
Holmes said: “and what do you deduce from that?”
Watson replied: “Well, if there are millions of stars, and if even a few of those have planets, it’s quite likely there are some planets like earth out there. And if there are a few planets like earth out there, there might also be life.”
And Holmes said: “Watson, you idiot, it means that somebody stole our tent.” *”
If you’re a fan of eSalon.com on Facebook then you know we love amazing hair facts. Here are ten hair truths that wow our team of colorists!
1) Hair grows at about 1.25 centimeters or 0.5 inches per month. That’s about 15 cm. or 6 in. per year!
2) Gender is not one of the traits that can be identified through hair analysis, but hair is frequently used in genetic testing.
3) The scientific term for gray hair is “canities.”
4) A strand of hair is stronger than a copper wire of equivalent diameter.
5) Black hair is the most common hair color in the entire world, red hair is the most rare.
6) Each strand of hair can contain up to 14 different elements including traces of Gold!
7) Your hair does not grow slower in the winter. Less fruits and veggies in the diet combined with drier weather, makes hair appear less healthy during winter months.
8) There is no such thing as gray hair. Hair is either pigmented or white. When white hairs grow next to pigmented hairs the result is a dull, grayish cast.
9) Hair color can not lighten previously colored hair. To achieve a lighter color you must use a lightening product like bleach or color remover to lift out pigment.
10) Human hair is used by eco-friendly volunteer groups to clean up oil spills.
Catherine Desfosses DE Foe Sis
Journey to be free.
Phone: 828-676-2317 [please leave a message]
Cell Phone: 603-703-3183
Journey to be FREE Naturally™ is the birth child of Catherine Desfosses, a 22-year cancer survivor living with lymphedema as a consequence to her cancer treatment. She is a healthy living activist and life thriver. Cathy’s personal life has been touched by cancer several times and in many ways from caregiver for parents, losing family members and friends to cancer, a supported friend during treatment and recovery, and survivor. Cathy understands how cancer and living with lymphedema affects the whole person physically, emotionally, spiritually, financially and socially. This is why she is so compassionate and aware of the needs those whose lives have also been touched by cancer or lymphedema.
Affordable Care Act, open enrollment ends March 31st. Join us for the next “Positively Living, Positively Women” radio show for the info You need to protect your world!
We have all heard about the Affordable Care Act aka Obamacare but do you know how it affects you and your peeps? I am putting together facts and expert guests to give answers you want to have. Please leave your questions here, on our Facebook fan page “Positively Living show” or send via email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
As always , we couldn’t help each other with You!
Please tune in Mondays at 2pm EST for our next episode of “Positively Living” (Positively Women” on am1350 in Asheville NC or stream with us at http://www.1350WZGM.com